Wednesday, July 6, 2016

[Anwsered] Backup in Windows 7 HANGS!

Backup in Windows 7 HANGS!

I've been working on this problem for a WEEK now, and I thought that what I have found out may help someone else.
 
I bought a new computer 3 weeks ago.
 It's an HP Pavilion with 6GB memory, 1TB hard drive, an AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, and Windows 7 64-bit.
 
I did the initial backup process where you "Set up backup" for the first time.
 I set the scheduling to do a backup every week; so a week ago, it told me to back up my computer.
 Easy; right?  HA!
Well, I clicked "Backup now," and it started to do its thing.
 It creates a Shadow Copy; then it asked me to insert a disk in the Drive that I selected for the backup.
 I put in a CD-R disk with 700mb.
 It formatted the disk, and
the backup began.
 (By the way, I also chose for Windows to select what gets backed up.)
Well, it took 3 hours to get to 41%, and it stayed at 41% for 6 hours.
 The whole
6 hours, I said to myself, "This computer is 2 weeks old, and the backup shouldn't be taking this long."  I figured that this isn't right; so I chose to stop the backup.
 It stopped the backup, but I couldn't eject the disk from the DVD RW
drive.
 So I shut down the computer, and I opened the drive to get the disk out when the computer started back up again.
Well, when the computer came back on, the "Action Center" icon in the taskbar still said that the backup was in progress.
 "GOOD LORD," I thought to myself.
 I opened up the "Backup and Recovery" program from the Control Panel, and
it said the same thing.
 GRRRRRRR!  I had a 1.5GB Flashdrive hanging around; so I put that in my USB 2.0 port, and I clicked "Change Settings" in the Backup and Restore program.
 It recognized my flashdrive; so I chose that to do another backup.
 This time
I chose to choose the files myself, and I only chose one small .doc file to backup.
 It backed it up, finished, and fixed the "Action Center" message from saying that the backup was in progress.
The next day, I decided to try the backup again.
 This time I used a DVD+R 4GB disk in the DVD RW drive that I was going to use for my backup.
 Once again, I let Windows choose what to backup.
 Well, after three hours, it was at 91%;
and it stayed at 91% for at least 6 hours AGAIN!  Well, by this time, my MIGRAINE has kicked in.
 I repeated the WHOLE above process to get the message off the Action Center, and I went to bed.
 The whole time I'm thinking to myself that this is ridiculous.
 For God's sake, it's a NEW computer; and a backup just shouldn't be this hard.
Day 3:  If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!  Ha!  Well, by this point, I'm thinking that something is wrong with my DVD RW drive.
 So I put in a fresh CD-R disk, and I burned a couple of files onto the disk.
 It all worked
fine.
 WHEW!  So I decided that I will try this backup process one more time.
 I did everything the same as I did with the first backup.
 SAME OH, SAME OH.
 Only this time, I waited 24 hours, and it was only at 34%.
 Now I really ticked!  And once again, I
went through the process to get the dang message off the Action Center.
Well, because I'm a bit ____ and because I don't give up easily -- Yep, you got it.
 I tried again.
 I managed to find a 16GB flashdrive, and used that for my media for the backup.
 I had Windows chose what to backup, and lo and behold, the backup was COMPLETELY
done in 15 minutes.
 The backup size was 3.84GB; so it should have worked fine when I used the DVD+R disk with 4GB a few days prior.
SHAME ON YOU MICROSOFT!  SHAME ON YOU!  If the media size is a problem, there needs to be a message that comes up and says "Disk full, please insert the next disk."  COME ON, PEOPLE AT MICROSOFT!  GET YOUR STUFF TOGETHER.  You've
taken a week out of my life for a relatively simple problem -- a pop up message.
The moral to this story for all of you who are STRUGGLING with the same problem is that the problem with the backup is because of the media that you're using.
 I would recommend to use a flashdrive and to be sure that it's at least 10GB.
 If this helps at
least one person, I will be a happy camper..................4t9rs

Keys to the Problem Backup in Windows 7 HANGS!

Download SmartPCFixer to Fix It (Free)

  • Download the Microsoft Windows ISO (installation device) from the following website:
  • http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
  • Users must select the appropriate ISO, either 32 bit or 64 bit, depending upon their individual computer.
  • Extract the ISO file to a separate USB device or burn the program to a compact disc.
  • Run the Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade directly from the software that you have thus created.

Another Safe way to Repair the Problem: Backup in Windows 7 HANGS!:

How to Fix Backup in Windows 7 HANGS! with SmartPCFixer?

1. Click the button to download SmartPCFixer . Install it on your computer.  Open it, and it will perform a scan for your system. The junk files will be shown in the list.

2. After the scan is finished, you can see the errors and problems need to be fixed. Click Fix All.

3. When the Fixing part is done, your computer has been speeded up and the errors have been fixed


Related: AMD Radeon HD 7800M Win8 not working [Anwsered],I can access the internet, get on facebook and get to hotmail, but I can't play games on facebook and I can't open or respond to my e-mails,I keep getting this Media Player error when I log on my computer. [Anwsered],[Anwsered] System Hanging on shutdown and restart,Unable to get the Vlookup property of the WorksheetFunction class,Solution to Error: Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive.
,Troubleshoot:External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Error
,I'm always being signed off so annoying Tech Support
,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.
,Solution to Problem: Referencing data in another file
,Troubleshoot:Error: "0x81000032 make sure the C: drive is online and set to NTFS" when trying to backup to external hard drive. Error,External Hard Drive not listed in Windows 7 backup wizard Tech Support,Tech Support: I'm always being signed off so annoying,Solution to Problem: Impossible to use Internet Explorer! I keep getting the same error message every time i try to use IE.,Referencing data in Access using Excel [Anwsered],Need Best Way To Present Data [Anwsered],Same question but for windows 7 home edition,sometimes fullscreen won't activate [Solved],Solution to Error: We bought a new computer with windows 7 and it is constantly freezing. How do we fix this?,Solution to Error: Windows 8 update crash (2013-07-22)
Read More: How to Resolve - BACKUP NOT SUCCESSFUL?,How to Fix Problem - ATI radeon graphics driver not working after 7 Home Premium upgrade from Vista.?,Tech Support: At startup an error message says \"Windows failed to start. A recent software or hardware change may be the cause\". I startup using \"launch startup repair\" option, but this results in a blue screen. What is the fix to problem?__,automatically insert text in cell based on adjacent cell?,Troubleshooter of Error: Automatically fill in a column based on information in other colums,application not found error,any problems in a team where one has Windows XP and the other has Windows 7?,Application/Object-Defined Error,An Excel formula question where hours are totalled and cumulating,Anyone know the hardware email?

No comments:

Post a Comment